Income tax rates and brackets for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income tax rates and brackets for 2011?

I have found several charts breaking down the ordinay income tax rates & brackets for tax years 2009 & for 2010. But i have not found one that will break down 2011. Does anyone know of such a chart? (I realize that legislation could be passed which would change things. But assuming no legilation is passsed....)

I'd like to review this for financial planning purposes. I'd like to lay out 2010 rates and brackets side by side with 2011 rates and brackets.

thanks

Originally posted by tacks View Post
    I have found several charts breaking down the ordinay income tax rates & brackets for tax years 2009 & for 2010. But i have not found one that will break down 2011. Does anyone know of such a chart? (I realize that legislation could be passed which would change things. But assuming no legilation is passsed....)

I'd like to review this for financial planning purposes. I'd like to lay out 2010 rates and brackets side by side with 2011 rates and brackets.

thanks
    Those figures won't be out until about December of this year and will depend on the
    basic inflationary figures as published by Department of Labor statistics as of Sep 30th.
    These are the figures that will also be used to calculate what, if any, raise in social security benefits that several of us on this board MAY be entitled to. Or not.

FYI, so far this year, inflation remains "under control", so I don't see any drastic changes.
    For planning purposes, I will use 2010 rates and brackets and results will still be
    approximately correct. EXCEPT of course for higher tax rates for those with incomes over
    $ 200,000. And for us unfortunate owners of S corporations facing SE tax on our profits.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Tax Rates

Here's an interesting article taken from USA TODAY, May 10th 2010:
      TAX BILLS IN 2009 AT LOWEST LEVEL SINCE 1950. By Dennis Cauchon, USA, Today:

Amid complaints about high taxes and calls for a smaller government, Americans paid thier lowest level of taxes last year since Harry Truman's presidency, a USA Today analysis of federal data found.

Very interesting - I had no idea of this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
        Here's an interesting article taken from USA TODAY, May 10th 2010:
        TAX BILLS IN 2009 AT LOWEST LEVEL SINCE 1950. By Dennis Cauchon, USA, Today:

Amid complaints about high taxes and calls for a smaller government, Americans paid thier lowest level of taxes last year since Harry Truman's presidency, a USA Today analysis of federal data found.

Very interesting - I had no idea of this!!!!
        No doubt about it.

Until 1961 or thereabouts, the highest marginal tax rate was... ready?... 91%.
        Of course I wasn't even in that bracket back then but in the 22% bracket.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks for the response, ChEA.

Here is an overview that i was looking for (again, i know that it assumes no new legislation will be passed)

Comment

Working...
          X