No announcement yet.

Blank 8109-B Tax Deposit Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even going to file the 941 electronically unless I'm forced to do so. Nothing wrong with having the client sign a piece of paper and put a 44 cent stamp on the envelope (and keeping all liability where it properly belongs). I'm strictly in the "let the client do the filing" category, precisely for all the reasons Snag mentioned.
    Last edited by JohnH; 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

The fact that the American business community is the unpaid tax collecting arm of the IRS is bad enough. But the idea that they deserve access to the businesses bank account electronically is beyond the pale. Government needs to be reminded of who is generating the taxes they demand. I’d like see business refuse to make any payment electronically and all tax preparers refuse to e-file for a year to snap them back to reality.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
        This is the part I don't get. I pulled up a form 8655 and it lists only one taxpayer at the top to fill in name, address, and so forth. Then asks for my name, etc. So, I don't see how this form would could give me permission to do multiple clients.

Are you saying ALL forms for ONE customer or ALL forms for ALL customers? Do I get a separate 8655 for each client?
        In order to file the forms electronically you must have a 8655 signed by EACH client on file with the IRS. You will get a RAF number, similar to the CAF file number we already have for other authorizations. At this point I think the filing of employment forms is much more difficult than e-filing tax returns and it does not have to be that way.
        I am in no way and expert in this, I am learning each day as we go. But I feel we must go this way if we want to stay in business.
        AJ, EA

Comment

What has happened to customer service??

If you do not want to be involved with payroll tax reporting, I can understand that. But those that do provide that service MUST get with the program and be prepared to do all the deposits and filing electronically above certain minimums. What the minimum levels will be in the near future, I am not sure. No one is. But I can see the possibility that if you file more than 10 returns of any type with the IRS as a paid preparer we will be required to e-file all of them.
          It is all about saving money and making better use of resources. When you mail in a 941 someone had to open it, secure the payment if there is one and type in the information into the computer system. Lots and lots of time involved. The information is already in a computer most of the time when we prepare the forms , why not just send them electronically?
          A lot of our clients are small contractors and stores that just do not want to have to take the time to do the quarterly filings. They are smart enough to know to concentrate their time in making money in what they know and let the accountant do what they know.
          If we fail to provide the required services to the client, the big payroll companies will.
          We all have our own opinions and ways of doing things. But this is one area that we are fast becoming required to get up to speed or get out. Not going to be any choice in the matter.
          AJ, EA

Comment

I thought the e-flinging mandate only applied to Form 1040.
            And I also thought the cutoff is 100 for the upcoming year and 10 for the following year.
            Or maybe all that's just wishful thinking on my part....

In any event, the fact that e-flinging makes it easier for IRS isn't even on my radar - never will be.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post

In any event, the fact that e-flinging makes it easier for IRS isn't even on my radar - never will be.
              But what about the fact it cuts down on the opportunity to enter the information incorrectly at their end?

Comment

Yes,

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                I thought the e-flinging mandate only applied to Form 1040.
                And I also thought the cutoff is 100 for the upcoming year and 10 for the following year.
                Or maybe all that's just wishful thinking on my part....

at this point I believe you are correct that only 1040s are affected, will have to look again at that rule. The cutoff is 10 as far as I know. Again I am not sure without going back and reading that again, We are not there yet, so did not matter so much. I feel that the next step will be to require all forms be e-filed and has already been mentioned as a near future goal. CORRECTION - 1040 and 1041s are included. The cutoff is 10 returns.

And I agree with the thought of fewer input mistakes on their end. The number of state mistakes on tax returns went way down when we went to e-filing more of them. As long as there is human intervention in processing the information there will be mistakes.
                Last edited by AJsTax; 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: corrections
                AJ, EA

Comment

I agree with many (but not all) of the reasons for e-flinging. However, I see to reason to be concerned about helping the IRS avoid errors at their end. In my experience, they don't make very many errors and I've never found it especially difficult to correct them when they did.

I don't work for the IRS and I certainly don't have a vested interest in making their job easier. In fact, there are times when I can best serve my clients' interests by making IRS's job a little more difficult.

Having said all that, I also recognize that I'm probably going to have to roll over and play ball their way if I plan to stay in the business. (Unless they provide an opt out or unless I decide to pack it in and retire)
                  Last edited by JohnH; 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
                    That's everyone that goes over the $ 2500/qtr threshhold.

So if you're UNDER that, you can still use coupons.
                    No, if you're under that threshold a taxpayer will still be allowed to mail a check made out
                    to U S Treasury with the 941. or 940.
                    ChEAr$,
                    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                    X