TG for IRS Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG for IRS Reports

Thank goodness I can find IRS reports for past years, NO 2009 is till not fully posted yet. I have a client, that I have been begging to complete their 2007 and 2008 returns, and he can't find everything - so what else is new.

Finally got on to e-services tonight to acquire those "Wage and Income earnings and a whole lot more than what he thought So at least I can prepare an "almost accurate return" and a lot more accurate than what the client provided me.

Wish IRS could expedite their posting of all of the 2009 info - so I could also complete the return.

E-services is a great tool, just the delay of posting current year info

Who can we contact to maybe refine this process - it would or could most certainly eliminate CP2000 notices for future for missed reporting of W-2/1099 MISC forms gone astray, 1099B forms in particular and 1099 INT/Div??

Just an observation.

Sandy

Please clue me in

What are these "IRS reports" to which you refer?
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

E services

I have a client that needs to file 2007 , 2008 and 2009 tax returns and is having diffuculty in supplying me with year end tax documents (lazy) and poor record keeping.

With POA and E services - I was able to pull up what the IRS has on client's account for Wage and Income reporting for interest, dividends, Schedule D gross proceeds, etc.

It has been a huge assistance in trying to compile these back tax returns.

Unfortunately, 2009 information has not been posted to the account and I can not retrieve through E-Services.

In particular, I have used this in the past to match a clients return on schedule D postings for sales transactions or interest income.

Just wish IRS could post current year we are working on more timely so would could do record matching.

Sandy

Comment

Client can call in get copies of info easily. Pretty soon the IRS will just do the returns, if the only place you get information is from them, we done away with the preparer. I have always thought government would like to do that. They are getting closer, but lucky for us they are not there yet.

Comment

copies of statements

My practice is simply call the practitioners' hotline and without a POA request that they send the copies directly to taxpayer. They will verify address and SSN's of course, but once I've done that, the ball's in clients' court.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
          X