Non-farm optional method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-farm optional method

Just wondering, I've never used this method, but it sounds great from the taxbook, but every time I try the calculation on my ATX, they are always better off with the regular method, am I doing something wrong?

It looks as if the only way this method is beneficial is if there is not alot of expenses on Sched. C, anyone familiar with this method?

Comment

Mom

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      Super Mom It looks as if the only way this method is beneficial is if there is not alot of expenses on Sched. C, anyone familiar with this method?
      Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      ...every time I try the calculation on my ATX, they are always better off with the regular method, am I doing something wrong? ?
      It's my understanding that the optional method is for someone who doesn't owe any social security tax (because of a loss/whatever), but who wants to pay in some SS in order to build up their retirement fund. When you say they are "better off" using the regular method I assume you mean they owe less taxes, but I believe the object of using the optional method is to pay SS tax.

Comment

Oh, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X