First Time Homebuyers Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Homebuyers Credit

First of all, I thank each and everyone that has posted on this subject.

I now have my first client (obviously on extension) for 2009 claiming the credit. I had two clients on 2008 tax filings for the $7,500 and those went through fine. No glitches.

On the 2009 tax return, I realize we can not efile them and a lot of documentation needs to be attached to the paper filed return, which I am pretty clear on.

My question, is
    does the Documentation need to be originals or notarized documents, or will copies of the documents suffice???

What is everyone's experience with this added documentation and how to present with the paper filed return???

Thanks,

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM.

Copies....

Originally posted by S T View Post
    First of all, I thank each and everyone that has posted on this subject.

I now have my first client (obviously on extension) for 2009 claiming the credit. I had two clients on 2008 tax filings for the $7,500 and those went through fine. No glitches.

On the 2009 tax return, I realize we can not efile them and a lot of documentation needs to be attached to the paper filed return, which I am pretty clear on.

My question, is
    does the Documentation need to be originals or notarized documents, or will copies of the documents suffice???

What is everyone's experience with this added documentation and how to present with the paper filed return???

Thanks,

Sandy
    I've done a few this year and have only sent copies in with the return....haven;t encountered any issues with any of them so far.
    That's all I have to say ... for now.

Moses A.
    Enrolled Agent

Comment

My 2009 FTHB sent in a copy of the HUD-1 (unsigned) and a copy of the warranty deed with signatures. Received refund about 30 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
        My 2009 FTHB sent in a copy of the HUD-1 (unsigned) and a copy of the warranty deed with signatures. Received refund about 30 days later.
        Although not required a standard form affidavid statement signed by the taxpayer covering the addtional documentation data submitted has always worked for me.

Comment

Fthb

It might be a good idea to have client(s) sign each page that is attached to the tax return. One of my clients received the credit after he Faxed his documents to IRS at their request. I told him to be sure to have his name on each page with his SSN in case papers got separated. Hope this helps.

Comment

I had my HB

date, sign and include SS# on Hud form. Mailed copies, no originals. I have heard nothing from them so I am not sure if the refund has been received.

Peachie

Comment

Many Thanks

Thanks for the posts, just wasn't sure if the documents had to be originals - so I now know how to proceed

So many of you on the Board have already processed "many" of these for 2009, so thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X