NT - To Snaggletooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - To Snaggletooth

How has the weather been in your part of TN? Flooding all around us in Pinson, tornado hit McNairy Co, just south of us. We've gotten 12"+ rain since Friday night, and it is still coming down. Lots of roads closed (even parts of Hwy 45, which is THE main route). Hope all is ok there.

Spared

Holmes, so far our town (Manchester) has been spared. I knew you were from TN but didn't know your town. I had a great-aunt who lived in Henderson, adjoining the campus of Freed-Hardeman college/university.

My daughter in Memphis was supposed to see me this weekend. When she got ready to leave, they told her the interstate through Jackson, TN was closed. Secondary roads sometimes get flooded with lots of rain, but it seemed almost impossible the water would get high enough to close down the interstate.

Not impossible. A few hours later, I-40 and I-24 in Nashville were closed. I-24 at Mill Creek was under 12 feet of water, trapping dozens of cars and even tractor-trailers under water. Some people had to be rescued as cars began washing off the road, and 5 people have died, statewide.

For the last 20 hours, an endless train of storms has tracked into Nashville from NE Mississippi and NW Alabama. In my town, we have only had 4 inches of rain so far. This "train" of storms of which I speak will eventually move eastward and we are told to get ready for the worst. However, the system is supposed to be moving and not tarry long by the time it gets here.

We're O.K., at least so far. Hope you and yours are O.K. too. Thanks for your concern.

Ron Jordan
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Jackson area

We lived in Jackson for a few years. We wish you all God's protection and blessngs during this time. I was on the faculty at Union University.

Comment

Thank you, Chief

This morning the sun is bright and things are getting back to normal. Many roads are still closed because of high water, and it will take some time to assess all the damage. But we are fortunate and the family is safe. My daughter got her nursing education at Union. We have some great colleges in our area, and thankfully my children didn't have to move away to further their education. I hope you all have a great week.

Comment

Working...
        X