Ca Tax Rip Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ca Tax Rip Off

I E-filed clients CA taxes on 4/08/, CA accepted the balance due return ON 4/08 with an installement agrement request for funds to be automatically withdrawn on the 15th of each month.

No funds withdrawn on the 15th of April. Client called CA FTB and was told the request was received but there would be a $100 penalty for failing to pay on time.

CA said they could not process the installment request in time for the April 15th payment. Client pointed out that everything was filed on time and not his fault that the FTB can't get it processed. OH WELL..... UNBELIEVABLE
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Ny

2008 return with direct debit for NY to take their balance due of less than $70 a year ago. NY failed to take it and eventually sent client a bill for the tax, penalty, and interest. I checked with software company to make sure what I saw in the return was actually transmitted to NY, and it was. Client paid the extra $2+ to be done with NY! It was worth more than that of her time and my time to fight the penalty. However, if NY did that to 500,000 people or so for amounts greater than $70 balances, they made a nice bit of interest and penalties due to their own error!

Comment

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
      I E-filed clients CA taxes on 4/08/, CA accepted the balance due return ON 4/08 with an installement agrement request for funds to be automatically withdrawn on the 15th of each month.

No funds withdrawn on the 15th of April. Client called CA FTB and was told the request was received but there would be a $100 penalty for failing to pay on time.

CA said they could not process the installment request in time for the April 15th payment. Client pointed out that everything was filed on time and not his fault that the FTB can't get it processed. OH WELL..... UNBELIEVABLE
      CA has a practitioner hotline: 916-845-7057 Give them a call. They are far more helpful than the public line. You should be able to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X