Drake Softwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Softwares

Just a headup, Drake has increased the price by about 10% this year. Early bird renewal will be $1,095 as compared with $995 of last year.

I noticed that myself when I got the letter. From what I understand it has been a long time since they have done a increase hasn't it?

Comment

It has been, but I still feel that they should have addressed the price increase in some type of communication.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Drake Software

The $100 increase is long overdue.

Any comments about the "grumblings" on their Forum?
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Do you send your clients a letter/email/etc

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
          It has been, but I still feel that they should have addressed the price increase in some type of communication.

LT
          letting them know every time you have a fee increase? Drake's pricing has been consitent for years and is a very good product, so I don't have a problem with the increase or the way it's been rolled out.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshinNC View Post
            letting them know every time you have a fee increase? Drake's pricing has been consitent for years and is a very good product, so I don't have a problem with the increase or the way it's been rolled out.
            You seem to be trying to read something into my posting that I did not say. I did not say that I had a problem with the price increase. I haven't even thought about it that much. I just said that I would like to have been notified that there was going to be a price increase.

As for my clients, yes I do let them know if there is a price increase. I believe in being honest and above board with them. I try to treat them as I would like to be treated. I do not believe in sneaking in a price increase, hoping that they will not notice it. However, each to his own idea of how to do things. If it works for you, then it is the right decision for you.

LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I read the letter they sent with the renewal. It did not say anything about the increase. I read it twice looking for the mention of it. But then again my old tax software never did tell me when they went up on the price... unless I pointed it out to the sales person.

Comment

Taxslayer Pro

went up to $825 for early renewal. I think it was $795 last year. They didn't say a word...when you renew, here is the price!

Went to Drake seminar this morning. Product looks good. Instructor said it is the first price increase in over 10 years. So shouldn't complain too much if they only raise the price that often.

Linda

Comment

I went to a drake seminar last week, and have heard that it is a great product by several people so I purchased it, but I could have sworn that someone had told me that whoever refers you to Drake gets a referral fee or a discount, but the salesman told me that was not true.

Has anyone heard the same thing or am I just mistaken???

Comment

Working...
                  X