IRS Problem Resolution line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Problem Resolution line

Isn't there a special area or number for tax proffessionals to resolve taxpayer issues through the IRS. I have gone to IRS and searched here, but I am not getting my needs met by either area. I am probably not searching correctly. Will someone direct me to the right area preferably with a phone number?

TIA.

Peachie

Reading further down the board, I see it's called the Practitioners Priority Line. Maybe that's why I can't find what I need. Will try this. I have the number, thanks.
    Last edited by Peachie; 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM. Reason: To add info discovered.

There is a tax preparer hotline

(866) 860 4259

You'll need form 2848.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
      There is a tax preparer hotline

(866) 860 4259

You'll need form 2848.
      Normally you are correct in needing a POA. However I have had success in merely
      submitting added information in order to ASSIST IRS in doing it's job, so to speak.
      I refer of course to the fact that IRS is authorized on the 1040 to contact me to help resolve issues. This method has some limitations of course, and even though the assister can't
      directly tell me that with this added information all is well, they can indicate by certain words and tone of voice that they understand that I understand and that we're both on the same page.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        Normally you are correct in needing a POA. However I have had success in merely
        submitting added information in order to ASSIST IRS in doing it's job, so to speak.
        I refer of course to the fact that IRS is authorized on the 1040 to contact me to help resolve issues. This method has some limitations of course, and even though the assister can't
        directly tell me that with this added information all is well, they can indicate by certain words and tone of voice that they understand that I understand and that we're both on the same page.

they are also very good at answering "scenario" questions if you don't have a poa and the authorization to speak with them is past the limitation of one year.
        Sometimes I call and say, "no client in particular, just a general question on your policy/procedure on a specific issue.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I was able to get the info

I needed by verifying who I am as a third party designee. After verification from the tax retuurn that I could speak on the taxpayer's behalf, we were off. Took care of the two issues I had. I had a very nice agent.

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
            I needed by verifying who I am as a third party designee. After verification from the tax retuurn that I could speak on the taxpayer's behalf, we were off. Took care of the two issues I had. I had a very nice agent.

Peachie
            Ah, but of course. The agent must have been in Georgia also. (grin
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
            X