NT - Logmein - revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - Logmein - revisited

I ran into a problem when I tried to add a client's computer to my list (Logmein - free). Brother of client has established connection to client's computer through Logmein - paid. It seems I could only add this computer to my list if I uninstall the first set up, which, of course, is no option.

Any advise?

Gretel it appears that you will have to be invited as a User through brother's Pro account to access your client's computer. Here is what I found on LogMeIn Support:

Can I mix and match subscriptions with LogMeIn Free and Pro2?

LogMeIn licensing is based on the amount of Host computers needed. You can not have one person access a Host computer with LogMeIn Pro2, and another with LogMeIn Free. If two (or more) people need to have access to a computer via LogMeIn, the Host computer should be set up under the Master Account that contains a LogMeIn Pro2 subscription. Addionally, in order to have multiple users, the account must also have LogMeIn Central.

To allow a second person using another e-mail address to have access, they must be invited as a User. To create a User, please follow the steps below:

1. Visit LogMeIn.com and log in to your account using your email address and password.
    2. Click the Users tab.
    3. Click the Invite Users link at the top of the screen
    4. Enter the email address that your User will use to log in to LogMeIn.com.
    5. Under Permissions you can give Full Control or assign particular permissions to your User.

By default, all computers in your list will be assigned. However, you can specify access by selecting Specify the groups and computers the selected User can access. Underneath, select the computers that you want them to be allowed to access; click the plus sign to expand the list. Once done, click Send Invitation.
    note Note:
    Because LogMeIn operates on a Peer to Peer (P2P) connection, only one person can connect to a Host computer at a time.

Comment

Thank you so much, Dany. I am so glad you were checking in on Sunday. I actually was thinking you might know something about this when I decided to post the question. Have a good evening.

Comment

Working...
      X