X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
    So,if we already have a PTIN then we are already registered
    with the IRS.
    I think that if we are already an EA we are already registered, however use of the mandatory PTIN which we may already have, will cost.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Harlan: Tell you what:

If I manage to talk 10 clients into a 10X increase in their fees by 2012, I'll have plenty of time left over to study for the EA exam. Besides, they'll need some justification for why they're paying that much more. So we have a deal.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Paper filing fee

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        I also noticed that CCH says there's a limited phase-in for mandated electronic filing. Looks like the threshold will be 100 returns in 2011 and 10 returns in 2012. If that's the case, I may stick around for one more tax season, because I was already working on getting below the 100 mark.

Then by 2012 I'll raise my fees by a factor of 10 and those last few holdouts will get extra special treatment. I'm looking forward to the 2012 filing season already!
        I believe there will be a fine if we paper-file, so it would require us to bill at least as much as the fine as a paper-filing fee.

My software will watermark returns, so I would first send the client a watermarked copy that says "NOT VALID for FILING:" or something like that and would then provide a filing copy after they paid the paper-filing fee plus the regular fee.

I might just quit preparing taxes for a fee in 2012 or just do five or six returns for a few favorite clients along with some free returns for family members.
        Last edited by taxxcpa; 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post

It takes several months for the IRS to renew EA's and issue their renewal card. How many EA's are there?
          Over 43,000.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

User Fees in Late Spring...

Tax Preparer Review Update

Larry Gray, CPA, NATP Government Liaison, attended a meeting with the IRS in Washington D.C today where the IRS provided an update on the tax preparer review process. Leann Ruf, who along with David Williams is leading the return preparer regulations implementation team, indicated that the regulations on the PTIN requirements, user fees, and changes to Circular 230 will be available in late spring/early summer.

David Williams will be speaking at NATP’s National Conference & Expo in Austin, TX, July 19-21.

Comment

Working...
            X