How Did You Do in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Did You Do in 2010?

Was wondering how everybody did on the 2009 returns? I am down about 4% on total returns but a little higher than last year on revenue.

Down overall

I was down 2.8% in clients and down 1.8% in revenues. Time for a fee increase next year!

Comment

I ended up about the same as last year>>but '08 was down 10% from 07.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

worked harder

than I have in years. I hate the FTHBC. I also hate the energy credits. I hate the tuition credits. I hate EITC. I did enjoy Sch L & M though.

Also saw a much more varied types of scenarios than I have ever seen.

Comment

Filed more extension that ever before, and still only have 15 or so. I've always suffered from "extension phobia", but found out that it's very nice to be able to take some time. I was able to determine that all except one of these is going to result in a refund. So, the pressure is off and I feel pretty good.

I'm purposely cutting back work, and it's going to result in less income. Something has to give. I've worked like crazy for the past 3 years and had anxiety problems, insomnia, acid reflux, and other weird stuff. This year I'm going to try to take it easy and do other things besides work all the time. I'd like to learn how to sew, since I do have a sewing machine that has never been used. I'd also like to learn how to play the piano a little bit, since I do have one that is hardly ever touched.. Golf might be fun, since I bought a set of clubs a few years ago and have only used them a few times at the driving range. I have all of the toys and none of the time. This year is going to be different I'm gonna play.
          Last edited by BHoffman; 04-17-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I am down about 1% in number of returns but I increased my prices so up in $ - filed 6 extensions - more that I did in the past 10 years.

Dusty

Comment

Down about 2% in number, but increased fee so up about 4% in revenue.

It was a GOOD year! And, I think, the easiest season I've ever had.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

too many extensions

I never had more than 3-4 extensions. This year, I have 28!

My number of clients is up by about 6% and my figures are up by maybe 4%.

I really miss not being OFF after April 15th, but I love this business.

(This is a very bad day for me, but all in all, I wouldn't trade it.)
                "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Very Well

New customers 17
                  Lost customers 3
                  Net gain in customers about 8%, net gain in Revenue appx 12%

Not always this good. In 2007 I lost customers. Success comes in streaks and spurts.
                  My growth seems to come from personal service and not necessarily expertise, although there have been some gain in expertise as well.

Measuring growth in this business can be an elusive exercise. You lose a few that you think will never leave you, then gain some from the most unliklely places.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville View Post
                    New customers 17
                    Lost customers 3
                    Net gain in customers about 8%, net gain in Revenue appx 12%

Measuring growth in this business can be an elusive exercise. You lose a few that you think will never leave you, then gain some from the most unliklely places.
                    LOL! Are you including the one that I lost that you (re)gained?
                    ChEAr$,
                    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yes, He's Back

ChEAr$, yes he is back, living within an hour of me, and I was endowed with his business once again. However, he IS kin folk and that brings other headaches. I would have been just as happy had he made the drive to Phenix City again this year...By the way, he is doing much better...

Comment

I lost about 40 clients. Mostly, I suspected wouldn't come this year. I gained about 49 new individual clients and another 5 tax and payroll businesses. My income up about 5% and work load up.

Looking to employ my 1st part-time person this year and a deserving 1st vacation with family after 6 years. Whoopi!

Kay, EA

Comment

Down about 4% from last year, but was up about 15% over the prior year. Also, many more extensions.

Comment

Working...
                          X