W Murray Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W Murray Bradford

Just who is this guy, how did he get my email address and why does he keep sending me email even though I have requested to be removed from his list?

Thanks, I feel better now.

He is as fine and upstanding a fellow

as ever sent spam emails full of bogus tax information.

He very likely got our addresses from the IRS Office of Professional Responsibillithy which gives our contact info to anyone who claims to have a tax problem or a commercial product aimed at tax professionals.

THe other day a client of mine told me that I am a standup guy and I said no I was very comfortable in the chair I was in.

Comment

I read somewhere that we should NEVER ask that we be removed from a mailing list as that proves that they have your email address correct and they will give your email address to others who will send even MORE emails to you . I only recently learned from my son that I can click on the MESSAGE area at the top of my Outlook Express and then go down to Block Sender and then click on YES when it asks if it should add that sender's email address to the BLOCKED list. I imagine if you are not using Outlook Express whatever you are using probably has a similar procedure to block emails from senders. I also learned that some unwanted emails are sent out from SEVERAL differant email addresses so you will have to BLOCK each and every one of these email addresses before you stop those emails. There should be a law against this.
      Last edited by dyne; 04-14-2010, 02:56 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

With Yahoo mail you can block entire domain names. You can also write a filter which will send email with a certain word in the subject line to the trash bin.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

There is also a site somewhere that you can send these emails to the FCC. Replying to the offending emailer telling them that you are doing exactly that if your name is not removed might work. Surely can't hurt. Then block 'em.

Comment

Working...
          X