Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NT / First three clients today / Why does this surprise me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / First three clients today / Why does this surprise me?

This happens every year on the Friday before April 15. I don't know why I don't expect it.

First two clients in here, to pick up COMPLETED returns, ask me about things they can deduct but didn't ask about earlier.

First CALLER of the day asks if I will have time to do her return?

Me: I give her my standard answer that she hears EVERY year: "No, but just bring it in, I'll get an extension and get to as soon as I can."

Caller: "Oh, it's not ready yet. And I heard that this year you can't deduct medical expense unless it's more than 7.5% of your income."

Did you? Did you really hear that? Cause I have been saying that for ten years now...
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Rita: You really don't know why it happens on the Friday before Apr 15? Let me explain.

The clients are being very proactive. (I love that word - what's the difference between proactive and active?)

They know this is the last weekend they have to get their final info together so they can deliver it to you in time to finish the return by Apr 15 (even when the 15th falls on a Monday).

And NO, they don't want an extension...
    Last edited by JohnH; 04-09-2010, 10:57 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Just got a DIYer

Just got a DIYer cause she got stuck on Sch M. LOL. She's not so "pro" active.

Happy Friday, April 9th to me!

Comment

had 1

yesterday (wow a day early?) she wanted me to quote her a "price" - she says "I'm self employed and I get a W2 from my job at the city AND I'm starting a business" - I say, "Oh so you have 2 businesses and a W2" - "NO I'm just starting a business and I get paid as a home healthcare worker NOT 2 businesses" - after my very reasonable quote of "at least $300" she says, "Well to be honest, I'm just gonna get TurboTax and do it myself"
        GOOD LUCK (idiot!)

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by luke View Post
          yesterday (wow a day early?) she wanted me to quote her a "price" - she says "I'm self employed and I get a W2 from my job at the city AND I'm starting a business" - I say, "Oh so you have 2 businesses and a W2" - "NO I'm just starting a business and I get paid as a home healthcare worker NOT 2 businesses" - after my very reasonable quote of "at least $300" she says, "Well to be honest, I'm just gonna get TurboTax and do it myself"
          GOOD LUCK (idiot!)
          The DIYer in my post above (who got stuck on Sch M - whaaa?) said she has a Sch C and a Sch E. Maybe she just goes thru the alphabet and didn't want to face N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z another year.

I predict your early bird entrepreneur from yesterday will be calling you again in a couple of years because of some correspondence that she will receive. Be sure and "use the force, Luke" when she does. Arr arr.
          Last edited by RitaB; 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X