X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic

Does anyone use a password memory software. If so which one. Thanks

Norton

Norton has something built in with my anti-virus that helps a lot. As does Windows XP itself, I guess. So, once I'm logged into XP as administrator, a lot of things get filled in automatically. And, then I have a whole book with passwords and user names and...to help my aging memory.

Comment

Passwords

I have more than one e-mail account and mail the passwords from one to the other and self and keep them in a special folder. I'm afraid to lose them by keeping in one place and I code the password in a way that only I understand what they are.
      This posting is for general discussion purposes and is not meant to be reliable tax advice.

Comment

I use Roboform and love it. I have the paid, professional version. You can also get it to go on a flash drive and you can password protect the data file which holds all your various logins. You can have different logins for yourself, spouse, whoever. Pay once for the program, and you don't ever have to pay for updates. http://www.roboform.com/
        Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Sandy is there enough of a difference between the free and the pro versions? Would you be kind enough to email your response to taxea@hawaii.rr.com

PS I love you kitty photo posted on the "other" site. Have four of them and am looking for the perfect photo to use
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

KeePass is very good..

well regarded and free. We use a database on the server to store client passwords, logins, and those pesky SS and IRS passwords. With one master password, (make it strong folks) you can access the encrypted db of logins and passwords.

KeePass is a free open source password manager. Passwords can be stored in an encrypted database, which can be unlocked with one master key.

Comment

I decided to post the biggest difference here

You used to be able to fill up to 30 (I think) passcards. Now the free version is more limited. I've never purchased or used the 2Go version and I probably don't use all of the features from the Pro either. From their FAQs:

Q: RoboForm used to be free and now it asks to upgrade to the Pro. What is going on?
              A: Free version of RoboForm has certain limitations, most significant of them is that you can have 10 Passcards or less in free version.
              How to get around these limitations:
              * Buy RoboForm Pro, it does not have any limitations at all.
              * Reduce number of Passcards to 10 or less. You can view, edit and delete all Passcards and identities even after the trial period is over, only automated form filling and logins do not work.
              Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Business use

Some free and shareware is licensed for personal use only. For business use, you often have to pay.

Comment

Good point, for KeePass:

From the web site:

Is it really free?
                  Yes, KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and check whether the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.

As if I would know anything about a encryption algorithm....

Comment

Working...
                  X