Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing

How many on the board here get the impression that clients are putting off the inevitable this year? By that I mean do you sense that your usual clients have postponed coming in to see you?

I ask, because if so, we're due for an onslaught for the next 12 days.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

One explanation

I have had several clients who only within the last week or so have received the Forms 1099 from their investment accounts, especially those with the "more unusual" assets where the income keeps getting recalculated or whatever.

Gonna be a lot of extensions this year.....and having 04/15 on a Thursday does not help much either.

FE

Comment

Yep I am in the same position. Those that come early are waiting until late this year. I've done around 100 returns so far with about 60 still left to do. Alot of my S-Corp customers are coming in late which is very unusual.

Comment

yes, same situation

I went through last year's returns and have about 30 people that haven't called yet. I think most of them will call. Just haven't yet. I have probably 15 that I am working on now too. Some s corps that I am still working on. I have a few that don't have to file anymore.

But I have had about 30 new clients this year. For my small business that is incredible. So I am just burning the midnight and daybreak oil to get this stuff done.

Now the oaks are blooming and so are orange blossoms. I sat on my porch Thursday afternoon for about an hour and a half and within 2 hours had sinus drainage and swelled up head. Guess I shouldn't go outdoors till tax season is over.

Linda

Comment

Not I

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          How many on the board here get the impression that clients are putting off the inevitable this year? By that I mean do you sense that your usual clients have postponed coming in to see you?

I ask, because if so, we're due for an onslaught for the next 12 days.
          Mine have been trained to come in by my cutoff date. This year March 15.

I don't do easy returns. I don't do returns while the client waits.

This Easter morning I have 57 to go. 21 must go in the mail sometime this coming week. So you know where the priority is.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Linda: If the sinus problem is persistent and bad, conider this:

It seems drastic, but it does the job.
            I've used one for over 10 years and don't know what I'd do without it.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
            X