LLC, partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC, partnership

Client formed LLC in 2009 with sister to purchase a business. Both invested $15,000 each and then got a loan from another relative to pay for the business.

Business lost more money than it made. Sis said she did not want anything else to do with it.

Bro (my client) said Sis did want a payout on what she invested but this was never done. Don't know if it will be done. Bro said if it was it would be done in the future.

My client is not wanting to put Sis on partnership. Basically isn't wanting a partnership return done with Sis on it. To me I think a partnership return has to be filed with her as a partner. I'll have to look deeper into what kind of partner she would be though.

What do you guys think? I think a Partnership has to be filed until Sis is bought out.

Maybe the Operating Agreement can be amended and make sister as member disappear and instead show her as giving a loan to biz.

Comment

Thanks for responding Gretel.

That is also a problem. There was never an agreement between bro and sis. If it was 50/50 or what. Sis is just listed on the LLC as a member.

Comment

Then a 1065 is the only way to go with both names thereon.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yep that is what I thought. Well another extension to add to the list

Comment

Working...
          X