Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name change (last name) e-file problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name change (last name) e-file problems?

My clients spouse changed her last name to match the TP (her spouse) and it was completely a different name not like: spouse "last name hypen TP last name" then changed it to TP's last name only (I wish) but complete different last name. Any problems e-filing a personal tax return like that?

For E-filing

Her name must match the social security records. If she has not changed name with social security you must use the name on her social security card.

Comment

I am still filing one in the client's married name after a divorce five years ago, because she just can't seem to get down to SSA to get it changed. She doesn't use it on anything else though.

Comment

I have one client that I must spell his name wrong each year because it is spelled wrong at SSA. He tried to get them to change it and they told him to just leave it as it is and file the tax return to match it. He is in his 60s and they don't want to mess with it. It sure looks odd because it only a 5 letter name to start with.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Right on

Name on return must match name in SSA records

Comment

Working...
          X