New deductions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New deductions!

Oh, I can't wait to get a copy of my client's tax return! I'm especially excited because this year he had a tax preparer in MD do his return and she TRIPLED HIS REFUND!

I do a LOT of police returns b/c my son is an officer and I discount their returns as my form of outreach. It's personal. I am very legal.. no gyms, no haircuts, no OTJ meals, no BS. But I do take every single allowed deduction, and I go after them, too.

So, this client called me and said there were a lot of deductions that I should know about. See, this friend of his knows the IRS PERSONALLY and talks EVERY DAY with the IRS!
    He is one of my favorite people, truly, and honest as the day is long. He is bringing me the tax return to check.

When I find out about all these new deductions, I'll be sure and give y'all my report, because you are going to want to hear this!!!

WOW, I am so excited I could..... spit!

I know you are, too!!

"I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Gosh, I hope I don't have to do everybody over.

Comment

hahahaha

I am laughing out loud!!!
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Do tell Possi

I am just as excited as you are. I want to pass all these deductions along to my remaining clients. I have a new one coming tomorrow that moved here from New York. I have my registration all done. I am awaiting your response (lol).

Comment

New Deductions

There is a preparer that used to do over 500 Baltimore policemen about two years ago every client was audited and charged back thousands of dollars.I picked up five returns all are still making payments on money owed.I have been able to have some of the penalties waived.I told them they were lucky they were not fired the returns were that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Possi View Post
            client called me and said there were a lot of deductions that I should know about.
            As we all should . . . hurry with the report!

Comment

Also waiting here with bated breath.

Actually I laughed mostly at the phrase "talks daily with IRS". To us, that's a real red flag.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Boy, (and Girl), is this a great board, or what?

Comment

You bet!

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
                  Boy, (and Girl), is this a great board, or what?
                  This IS a GREAT BOARD!

still waiting for the return.....

Comment

Since your friend talks with the irs daily...once you see all these new deductions and determine that they are not kosher my suggestion is:

You copy the return, redact all the information that would identify the TP, leave on the information that identifies the preparer and have you friend give the redacted copy to his buddy at the IRS.
                    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I think

that is is the preparer not the taxpayer who talks to the IRS daily.

Comment

He talks to the IRS every day!!!!!! That was my thought exactly. He must have a lot of problems to have to talk to them every day.

How would he ever get any work done! You sit on hold for a long time when you do call.

Can't wait to hear the results

Linda

Comment

I can hardly wait

Possi, I can hardly wait for this. Please keep us informed.

At a minimum, I can see us falling out of our chair laughing...

Comment

Here's a funny one. New client today is school bus driver employed by local school system and the preparer last year claimed xx,xxx miles last year on a 2106 for miles driven.
                            ChEAr$,
                            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Confucius say:

Man who has IRS on speed dial

Lose sum do

FE

Comment

Working...
                              X