Vodaphone Grp PLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodaphone Grp PLC

Estate sold 568 "certificated ADS" on 10/26/09. Received ck for $12,670.01. Stock look up for code VODPF shows $2.25 per share on that date. Was this something different than stock shares? We were expecting $1,278.00! I need basis at DOD, 5/23/09. Stock look up shows $1.8339 per share on that date.
    Last edited by Burke; 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM.

Bump

Maybe if no one answers this on its second trip down the screen you should PM Veritas or one of the others who are also investment advisers. You could also ask an investment adviser you know in person,

Comment

Which?

Are you sure it was VODPF? There are a lot of Vodafones on various exchanges, and ADS is something specific. Are those the letters used on the confirmation of sale? Why don't you ask the brokerage that sold the shares what they were worth on the DOD? Did the estate lawyer do an inventory for probate and for the estate return; that should have the stock value included?

Comment

Try using VOD. That is the symbol for the Vodafone Group ADR (American Depository Receipts) you are looking for. The one you quoted is Vodafone group PLC.
        Last edited by JSLATER; 03-31-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSLATER View Post
          Try using VOD. That is the symbol for the Vodafone Group ADR (American Depository Receipts) you are looking for. The one you quoted is Vodafone group PLC.
          Thanks. I figured that was the problem. These were sold through Computershare, so no broker and I wouldn't be able to get the info from them anyway. There were so many Vodaphone's on various exchanges, I picked the one that looked like the US one. Interesting, when I input VOD it comes up Vodaphone Grp PLC as the name. But that works out right.
          Last edited by Burke; 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X