california return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

california return

Do I have to be registered with California in order to prepare 1 California return. One spouse lives in Calif. and other lives in Mississippi.

I believe you do have to be registered. I did one return several years ago and had to register and be accepted by CA before I could file it. Didn't take long for the whole process at that time.

Comment

CA Return

Suggest you e-file the CA return, it may go through. If not, nothing lost.
      Confucius say:
      He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

She is resident CA

and he is resident MS. Can you e-file both states is they file MFS on states and federal will be MFJ?

Comment

California E-File program

Originally posted by spt View Post
          Do I have to be registered with California in order to prepare 1 California return. One spouse lives in Calif. and other lives in Mississippi.
          I believe all you need to do is register for the California e-file program. The link below provides a quick explanation and a phone number. I remember having to do this several years ago to e-file a Military Client who is a CA resident.

That's all I have to say ... for now.

Moses A.
          Enrolled Agent

Comment

I file one every year and had no problems.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
            X