How Stupid Can You Get First Time Home Buyer Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Stupid Can You Get First Time Home Buyer Credit

I think one of my clients thinks I'm really stupid. One of my inherited clients dropped off her info several weeks ago. (Did her return last year with no problems.) She told me she would be getting the FTHB credit, but didn't have the paperwork... said her daughter would drop it off.

While I was out of the office Friday, daughter dropped a folder off. Inside was a half page copy of a settlement statement. When I looked at it today, I noticed that my clien'ts name was way out of alignment with the address info. Upon closer inspection, it is obvious that the statement has been tampered with. I can see where someone elses name was whited out (they left the comma that was between the names), so that it would appear that my client was the lone purchaser. There are no signatures on the paper.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this? She won't be in until Tuesday. I think I'm going to tell her that if I can pick up the amateur tampering, the IRS will be calling her for a "chat" in a heartbeat.

On the downside... I already finished the remainder of her return. Guess I can forget that fee...

Time to hand all her info back to her.
    Forget the fee - you don't want any sort of financial transaction with her.
    I'd even ask her to give my business card back to me if she still has it.
    End of story.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
    X