How Many Times??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Times??

How many times can you amend ONE return? This will be the 4th time for me to amend a clients that calls on a 'new' thing he has forgotten!!

This is getting to be more than a pain. Want this show red flags and possibly an audit?
    SueBaby

Bill Him

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
    How many times can you amend ONE return? This will be the 4th time for me to amend a clients that calls on a 'new' thing he has forgotten!!

This is getting to be more than a pain. Want this show red flags and possibly an audit?
    I had this problem once. Finally, I charged the guy more to amend the return than to prepare it in the first place (and this is usually the case).

Problem solved.

Comment

Unlimited times. I hope you don't do it free.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
        Unlimited times. I hope you don't do it free.
        When I am this mad; ;there is no telling how much I will charge==enough for him to do this to someone else next year.
        SueBaby

Comment

When I am this mad; ;there is no telling how much I will charge==enough for him to do this to someone else next year.
          I start at $75 for a simple amended Fed & State return.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
            I start at $75 for a simple amended Fed & State return.
            So do I but this has gotten complicated amended on top of amendments now til my price has really went up.

HIs attitude is that this is your job; do it. Like I have that much time to spend on ONE return plus I have to see him many times to. That alone will be a higher price. Dealing with people's attitude changes my figures fast.

This year people have been more meaner and out spoken than they have ever been. Why, don't know.
            SueBaby

Comment

Sue

After the first/second amended I think I would've explained to him that the next amended will be prepared AFTER April 15th? These kinda clients can drive anyone crazy!?! I feel for you!
              This probably WILl raise "red flag" since a person looks at each of the amendeds!
              Last edited by luke; 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Amended returns take a long time for the IRS to process. Filing too many in a short time period will create processing problems. Tell your client he has to wait..........

Comment

... plus I have to see him many times too.
                  HA! Good one. I think there are a few people that just like to be in a tax office this time of year. I agree charge more now for those ones. In fact anyone you don't want to work with either cut loose from them or charge so much that you like them again.
                  JG

Comment

Wait

Make him wait until his last amendment is processed. Tell him you don't want the IRS to process in the incorrect order, or he'll lose a prior amended item. Charge him a lot. I don't do amendments until after 15 April. Remind him that amendments are handled by real IRS employees and not just computers. Next year, use the "full and true" tax return question on him, reminding him that if he knows or expects any other information to come in, then his return will be on hold until he is certain it is final. Charge him well for the IRS letters that arrive if they do process in not-chronological order or ask for back-up on any amended items.

Comment

My suggestion agrees with the others. I would tell him that we need to wait until he has confirmation that the previous amended returns have been processed. And by the way, while we are waiting, please check through the rest of your records and make sure that you have everything this time. We want this to be the last amended return for this year.

He will be needing the help of the taxpayer advocate office to straighten out his mess of too many amended returns and IRS being totally confused.

Linda

Comment

I started to notice something you mentioned

about two years ago Sue: The meanness of the taxpayers. In fact, I fired two of my long time clients because of their attitudes. I was totally caught off guard. I told them no one should have to put up with me if they are this unhappy. Since I knew it was them and not me, I keep a smile on my face thinking aout how they left with their mouths open. They were shocked that I'm not controlled by money.

They have both since tried to come back. No way.

Peachie

Comment

Good

for YOU Peachie! sometimes you can almost feel the stress leaving your body...

Comment

Working...
                          X