Home buyer $6500 credit..official ownership date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home buyer $6500 credit..official ownership date

Client comes in yesterday to finalize his tax return and tells me he bought a house on Nov 15, 2009. I said what! Never reported it on his tax organizer and obvisouly never brought in his settlement statement. Ok, so I go to my county records and yes he owns his house but the county records state "9/2009? sales date yet his "special warranty deed" within the county records is dated 11/9/2009. I know, have the client look at his settlement statement which I have requested but in the meantime I thought I would ask the board members.

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Client comes in yesterday to finalize his tax return and tells me he bought a house on Nov 15, 2009. I said what! Never reported it on his tax organizer and obvisouly never brought in his settlement statement. Ok, so I go to my county records and yes he owns his house but the county records state "9/2009? sales date yet his "special warranty deed" within the county records is dated 11/9/2009. I know, have the client look at his settlement statement which I have requested but in the meantime I thought I would ask the board members.
    Well, you've got to have a copy of the signed settlement statement anyway, so that will
    show you the date.

I turned down one client earlier this year. his settlement statement had a sales price
    of something like $ 69,000 on it, yet county records online recorded $ 49,500 as last
    sale price on that date.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
    X