Irs News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irs News

Just heard on the news today that the IRS claims that only half of the usual tax returns have been filed so far.

Maybe there is still hope.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Half off

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
    Just heard on the news today that the IRS claims that only half of the usual tax returns have been filed so far.

Maybe there is still hope.
    I hope so 'cause my trade's down about 75 guys so far (I'm starting to long for even the deadbeats and PIA cases to show up).
    I've got about 25 done that have been layin' in the box fermenting for over a week without pickup. But it could be that lots of people are broke/short and are just putting it off 'til payday or whatever. Hopefully there'll be a last-minute rush this year.

Comment

Could be that TT is keeping them busy before they decide which way they are going to go, me or TT.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

This is great news! I was wondering how I ticked people off last year. I was down about 70 people in mid february. I am now down 32 people. I hope to catch up before the end of the season!

Comment

The IRS bulletin just hit my in box 20 minutes ago, and here's the skinny.

Through March 12th IRS has received 2.9% fewer returns for processing compared to same period last year.

Efiled returns from tax pros are down 3.4% from last year, while those self prepared are up 6.9%.
          (As I recall last year about this time, self prepared efiled returns were up about 18% at this same time.)

Average refund is up 9.6%, while the total number of refunds is down 5.3%. (Hmmmm....?)

I reckon I'm just hanging in there, since for my week ending the day before IRS's date (3/12), I was even in numbers with last year. However it's dropped off a bit this week.
          Last edited by ChEAr$; 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Don't get peoples hopes up....

Comment

Although I started this thread, the phone calls have been coming in and drop-offs started. Not alot, but enough to start me smiling.

Comment

I have been swamped since the first of March. Looks like my clients will equal last year's, plus some. Just later due to delayed reporting. Already am getting corrected 1099's!

Comment

Spoilsport!

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                  I have been swamped since the first of March. Looks like my clients will equal last year's, plus some. Just later due to delayed reporting. Already am getting corrected 1099's!
                  Don't you know misery loves company?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                    Don't you know misery loves company?
                    Well it looks like misery is back. After a little spurt it has slowed again. I have enough to keep me busy, mail- ins & drop-offs, but no pressure.

Comment

What's up....Everybody crying and can't get to the message board?

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
                        I have enough to keep me busy, mail- ins & drop-offs, but no pressure.
                        I think that's a good assessment of conditions this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
                          I think that's a good assessment of conditions this past week.
                          I'm getting caught up on my business clients' work and waiting for elf signature forms( 20). 2 appoints today and 15 scheduled appointments for next week so far.

I am supprised at some of my clients that I would of been sure were coming back this year. But there is still time for them so will see what unfolds.

Comment

to reinforce previous comments, for this last six days, numbers were down from last year. However YTD revenue is up a bit, although number is down by maybe 4%.
                            And with previous history, my revenue predictions at this time are always on target for tax season revenue.
                            ChEAr$,
                            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                            X