Another Sch M question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Sch M question

Married couple - husband draws ss, so rec'd $250. Wife isn't 65, no ss, receives two pensions-one private pension and one small pension from public school, isn't working. Is she eligible for the $250? I'm assuming she will draw ss when she's 65.

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
    Married couple - husband draws ss, so rec'd $250. Wife isn't 65, no ss, receives two pensions-one private pension and one small pension from public school, isn't working. Is she eligible for the $250? I'm assuming she will draw ss when she's 65.
    If neither spouse is working (W-2 or Schedule C) they will not get any Make Work Pay Credit anyway. So schedule M does not apply to their return.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Wife's Govt Pension

If the wife earnings, while working in a government position, were NOT subject to social security withholding, she should be able to get the $250 Govt Pension payment when they file.

Comment

Working...
      X