Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo

Thought I'd post this just for information purposes. I have W-2 clients from Wells Fargo and have found that WF is not putting their employees 401(k) information on the W-2. They have told the employees that since it is not taxed it is not required.

Also, I have a couple clients that have their home mtg with WF and find that WF is not listing Mtg Insurance on their 1098. So my clients that have <80% equity, have to call to get the info.

Guess I'm confused as I thought both (401 & PMI) entries were required.
    But confusion is part of my makeup.
    Larry

Originally posted by Larry M View Post

Larry
    Welcome to my world - The Perpetual Society of the "I Thought" - started to help those of us who after reading the rules, discover that no one seems to be following them.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
      Thought I'd post this just for information purposes. I have W-2 clients from Wells Fargo and have found that WF is not putting their employees 401(k) information on the W-2. They have told the employees that since it is not taxed it is not required.

Also, I have a couple clients that have their home mtg with WF and find that WF is not listing Mtg Insurance on their 1098. So my clients that have <80% equity, have to call to get the info.

Larry
      And so is U.S. Flag burning. But what is the penalty?

Missing 401(k) impacts Savers Credit.

PMI only for mortgages originated in 2007 or later upto 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by gkaiseril View Post
        And so is U.S. Flag burning. But what is the penalty?

Missing 401(k) impacts Savers Credit.

PMI only for mortgages originated in 2007 or later upto 2010.
        Flag burning is the proper way to respect and dispose of a flag no longer serviceable.
        But it should be done property and with reverence. Veterans' organizations often
        hold such ceremonies; or used to maybe.

401k info may impact the savers credit, but it's always up to clients to produce their
        own records to substantiate, since placing that information on a W2 is not required.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

If Box 1 and Box 3 and 5 on the W-2 do not agree, and there is nothing shown for a 401K or other in Box 12 to clarify it, I immediately question the taxpayer. Have already discovered 2 clients that employer failed to book taxable bonus at Christmas as taxable income in Box 1. (They did take out SS & MC)!!

Comment

But there have been many attempts to ban the burning of the flag in protest. Also there are many other actions in the U.S. Code, Title 4 Chapter 1, about the display an use of the flag that are not followed and for which there is no penalty if the law is not followed. This includes dropping the flag on the ground at sporting events, using the flag as a decoration and standing on the image of the flag.

Especially:

"September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack. Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground..." Photo credit: Reuters/Jason Reed"

Comment

Working...
            X