Schedule C snow plow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ssdi

What about the husband's SSDI benefit? Not sure what the threshold's are, but he does have some reporting requirements, and you do not want to jeopardize his benefit.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
      What about the husband's SSDI benefit? Not sure what the threshold's are, but he does have some reporting requirements, and you do not want to jeopardize his benefit.

Sandy
      Exactly, Which is why he can't "create" a chedule C to show the depreciation expense.

Comment

Landscaping expenses for a home office aren't deductible, period. I would include this under landscaping. The off-site office example is moot; none of the expenses would be personal.

I put in a walkway when I started my tax biz; actually the first two years I didn't have one, and clients (and me) had to jump a big puddle in front of the steps as well and traipse through grass and mud to get to my door. (the house had nothing in the way of a walkway to the door....nothing and it was a 100ft wallow). NO DEDUCTION.

Comment

I would not include snow removal under landscaping. It's the temporary removal of an impediment. I don't see any problem with her paying hubby a nominal amt to clear driveway just like she would anyone else, IF she had clients who came to her house and had to park there. Otherwise, no. He would report on their combined 1040, but I do not know how that would affect his SSDI. And I certainly would not take depreciation. MAYBE a little gas expense, but it probably isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
            Landscaping expenses for a home office aren't deductible, period. I would include this under landscaping. The off-site office example is moot; none of the expenses would be personal.

I put in a walkway when I started my tax biz; actually the first two years I didn't have one, and clients (and me) had to jump a big puddle in front of the steps as well and traipse through grass and mud to get to my door. (the house had nothing in the way of a walkway to the door....nothing and it was a 100ft wallow). NO DEDUCTION.
            Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you 100%. Snow removal is a maintenance expense (not landscaping) and absolutely deductable for a home office.
            Last edited by mwarney; 03-19-2010, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X