Nys Sales Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nys Sales Tax

Is anyone complying with NYS requiring all sales tax returns being filed electronically?
    Last edited by BOB W; 03-14-2010, 10:47 AM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

NYS Sales Tax

I certainly wouldn't e-file sales tax returns.
    NYS seems to have an obsession about e-paying and e-filing of taxes - and until we get a new Governor who revamps the tax reporting system, I will refuse to cooperate any more than I have to.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
      Is anyone complying with NYS requiring all sales tax returns being filed electronically?
      Where did you find a requirement for ALL sales tax returns to be e-filed?

There are some new rules effective 4/1/10 requiring e-filing for MONTHLY sales tax filers. Is that what you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
        Where did you find a requirement for ALL sales tax returns to be e-filed?

There are some new rules effective 4/1/10 requiring e-filing for MONTHLY sales tax filers. Is that what you're talking about?
        Yes you are almost correct. Monthly filers must use efile starting April 20th for the month of March. But it appears to have several "outs" to that requirement. But like many efile requirements, the day will come when ALL returns will be required.

I actually don't mine efiling if each client is proformerd and all you do is update the sales info and send. Getting them established on the web is the pain and maintaining their passwords requires a list. During this tax season it would be a waste of time.

I keep getting new NYS letters for ALL my sales tax clients and can see the work load coming, just like with withholding taxes a couple of years ago. I guess I'm just fighting this during tax season and jumping the gun due to current pressure.
        Last edited by BOB W; 03-14-2010, 10:32 PM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
        X