Efiling NC return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efiling NC return

Since I haven't done a NC return in a loooong time, like before efiling came into being,....
    have to ask this. I've finished the NC return with my software and elected to efile by checking a certain yes box in software. But no where do I find a separate signature form
    to present for client's signature. Other states using one which almost always have the
    old IRS number "8453" in it somewhere. But nothing shows for NC. Why IS that?
    Does the state not require a signature?

Hopefully dyne and John H, erchess... S T, will answer soonest.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Sorry, I can't help because I'm still a paper-filing neanderthal.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      Since I haven't done a NC return in a loooong time, like before efiling came into being,....
      have to ask this. I've finished the NC return with my software and elected to efile by checking a certain yes box in software. But no where do I find a separate signature form
      to present for client's signature. Other states using one which almost always have the
      old IRS number "8453" in it somewhere. But nothing shows for NC. Why IS that?
      Does the state not require a signature?

Hopefully dyne and John H, erchess... S T, will answer soonest.

NC only requires the TP to sign the fed 8879/8453. It does not have a separate form like many other states.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
        NC only requires the TP to sign the fed 8879/8453. It does not have a separate form like many other states.

Chris
        Well now, isn't that just about the simplest and most logical thing you've ever heard of?
        (grin

And who said taxes weren't always logical?
        (another grin)

thanks, spanel.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yeah, just don't expect the refund any time soon.
          NC announced on their web site that the state is sitting on the money.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

N.C. does NOT require an electronic authorization form to be filed! It has been rumored that
            SC will STOP requiring a SC8453 to be filed. Having ONE form 8779 to be signed SHOULD
            be enough without having to sign such forms for the states. The only reason that I can
            think of as to why IRS requires such a form to be filed is in the rare cases where the
            taxpayer commits fraud one of the first questions CID asks is "Did you sign this return?"
            and if they claim they did not it is more difficult to charge them with fraud. So the 8879 form
            COULD be done away with in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X