stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazards of Multitasking

One day, I'm talking on the phone and playing with my stapler - flipping it open and closed with one hand. For some reason, I squeeze the business end of the stapler. Put a staple right into the fleshy part of my thumb.

Another day, I'm talking on the phone and lighting a cigarette. Hair falls in face. Holding the lit lighter, I push hair behind ear and set hair on fire. One more reason to quit smoking.

Comment

Lol

BHoffman, you win!
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
        One day, I'm talking on the phone and playing with my stapler - flipping it open and closed with one hand. For some reason, I squeeze the business end of the stapler. Put a staple right into the fleshy part of my thumb.

Another day, I'm talking on the phone and lighting a cigarette. Hair falls in face. Holding the lit lighter, I push hair behind ear and set hair on fire. One more reason to quit smoking.
        I saw Julia Child set her apron on fire one time on TV. But this story has to win the Tax Season prize.

Comment

Once

I was burning leaves on a windy day, next thing I know, the whole field in front of my house is on fire. My three kids ran in the house, grabbed the comforters off their beds, and we fought fire like madmen. We managed to get it put out without setting anybody's house on fire.

So, we are laying there, exhausted, on their charred little comforters, with soot on our faces, and a friend drives up, laughing his head off at us. I wanted to give HIM a prize, alright.
          If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Right, you win!

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post

Made my day.

Comment

Working...
            X