Green Fonts - Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Fonts - Drake

Occasionally there are input screens in Drake that are colored Green.
    All such "green" screens are a problem for me -- somehow they don't link up to the tax return.

Anyone help with this?

And, as a sad commentary, what does it say about Drake support (normally excellent) when you can go to this board and get answers quicker than you can wait for their support offices to open during daylight?

Snag

Do you not have access to the Drake Board?

Comment

Drake support is closed on Sunday....

Anyway, are you talking about entire screens that are green or individual fields? If it is individual fields, you need to verify the information in them is correct and then press the F4 key. Usually these fields are figures that carry over from a prior year and the software is warning you that you need to double check them before processing the return. If you do not verify the field, I do not believe the figure will carry to the return. Sorry if this is not what you meant, but I saw a similar discussion somewhere else recently where the same thing was happening to a user.

Comment

Drake Forum

Originally posted by Chief View Post
        Do you not have access to the Drake Board?
        Try the Drake Forum.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
          Drake support is closed on Sunday....

Anyway, are you talking about entire screens that are green or individual fields? If it is individual fields, you need to verify the information in them is correct and then press the F4 key. Usually these fields are figures that carry over from a prior year and the software is warning you that you need to double check them before processing the return. If you do not verify the field, I do not believe the figure will carry to the return. Sorry if this is not what you meant, but I saw a similar discussion somewhere else recently where the same thing was happening to a user.
          Thanks KBTS. I have found your explanation to be correct. The other user you speak of was also me, as that situation eventually reduced to the same explanation. You think I would learn.

Comment

Snags

You've been a major help to me over and over so if I could ever help you I'd be honored.

The Drake board is as wonderful as this one and if you need help accessing it give me a shout by email. Also if you hit any other problems using Drake give me a shout. I may know the answer and hey if I don't maybe we can figure something out together. When it's available you have to admit their tech support is about as good as any could ever be.

By the way emails to support@drakesoftware.com get answered intelligently and politely within a couple hours if they arrive by midnight eastern time even on Sundays.

Comment

Snags - another trick regarding the green fields:

You can "right click" your mouse somewhere on the gray background of that screen and click on "Clear flags on this screen" (down at the bottom of the list). That clears them all on that screen.

Comment

And if you view the return, in the message box, you can click on the fields in the message box and it takes you directly to the green message to clear.

If you haven't, you should definately join the drake board.
                Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Working...
                X