Countrywide Class Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countrywide Class Action

One of my clients has already received a Form1099-Misc for 2010 for a check received in a class action suit against Countrywide Mortgage Co. According to the TaxBook pg. 3-21 Class action and other settlements for consumer good or services (are not taxable) if amounts were not deducted in a earlier year. Countrywide is not cooperative in responding to inquires. Has anyone dealt with a similar transaction? How do I decide if the amount received in the class action was for something previously deducted like (mortgage intererest and property taxes) or not?

Originally posted by MaryAnne View Post
    One of my clients has already received a Form1099-Misc for 2010 for a check received in a class action suit against Countrywide Mortgage Co. According to the TaxBook pg. 3-21 Class action and other settlements for consumer good or services (are not taxable) if amounts were not deducted in a earlier year. Countrywide is not cooperative in responding to inquires. Has anyone dealt with a similar transaction? How do I decide if the amount received in the class action was for something previously deducted like (mortgage intererest and property taxes) or not?
    Here's where Google comes into play. Do a search for it and I think you'll be
    rewarded handsomely with more information than you need.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
    X