Just received fro IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received fro IRS

Subject: Did I Receive a 2009 Economic Recovery Payment?

The IRS developed the “Did I Receive an Economic Recovery Payment?” look up tool which gives taxpayers an easy way to determine if they received the one-time ERP payment and which agency made the payment.

Beginning March 8, 2010, taxpayers can call 866-234-2942 to access the phone application. The Web application will be available in late March on IRS.gov.

Taxpayers who had earned income in 2009 or are government retirees and received an Economic Recovery Payment need to report whether or not they received an ERP and the amount when they prepare their Schedule M, Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits.

The one time $250 ERP was paid to individuals in the following categories:

Retirees, disabled individuals and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients receiving benefits from the Social Security Administration,
    Disabled veterans receiving benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and
    Railroad Retirement beneficiaries.

Using the IRS look up tool taxpayers will have to enter three pieces of information to determine if they received an ERP:

SSN
    Date of birth
    Zip code from the last filed return

A separate telephone call or Web inquiry must be made for each taxpayer, even if filing a joint tax return.

A little too late

And I guess we as professionals are asking the Question

Why was this not available by January 15th, 2010

Guess they are tired of all the efile rejects,
    wrong paper filed returns, corrections to refunds, telephone calls, etc

Sandy

Comment

Day late and a dollar short

Typical IRS.

The late March date is March 23rd for the website access.

Tax season will just be about over.

If you call for the husband, you must hang up and call again for the spouse.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by ST View Post
        A Iittle too late
        I second the motion.

Originally posted by ST View Post
        And I guess we as professionals are asking the Question

Why was this not available by January 15th, 2010

Guess they are tired of all the efile rejects,
        wrong paper filed returns, corrections to refunds, telephone calls, etc

Sandy

Comment

You KNow

If IRS, SSA, and all agencies involvied would just supply us with the tools needed, we as professionals can and would do such a "great" job at preparing the Tax returns.

i.e. the current recovery rebate info, having the updated client transcripts available during the filing season, so we could check on e-services reported income and estimated payments, etc.

Oh my gosh (OMG) we could make the IRS and State Agencies job so much easier and more efficent - less CP 2000 notices, and communications Gosh what a concept

Sandy

Comment

But Sandy, if we get more efficient, then think of all the people who would have to go on unemployment because of us.
            Sandy >^..^<

Comment

figures...

They had almost an entire year to set this up...whatever. I guess I should be used to stuff like this by now.
              If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Working...
              X