Business Up or Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Up or Down?

Is your business up or down this year? I have experienced amazing growth this year! Wow I sure did need it this year because last year I was just flat with no growth.

How is business for every one else?

I'm half way thru my season and I have done half of my last year's income. So we will see where it goes..............
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Ask end of April

We are only part way through filing season, and all of my clients changed their filing patterns.

Late ones are filing early, early ones are filing later.

Too new to rate and compare any kind of numbers. The only ones that matter is after we file the returns we have by 4/15 and then extensions.

Sandy

Comment

Seems slow

Small community and I have done as many returns thru today that I did thru March 15th last year.

However, I have about 60 clients who have not showed up and my cut-off date is March 15th. I advertise that cut-off date in my annual year-end letter and it appears that everyone is waiting until then.

I did mail out letters yesterday to them, reminding them of that date.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Is there a prize

Had TWO to call yesterday and ask what's the LATEST they can bring in their stuff and still get it done by April 15? Really????? Is there some prize for "latest to bring in and still get it done"?!

Thing is, neither of these characters have anything difficult to get together. Honestly, I think some people thrive on doing everything under the wire. One of them just whined and moaned last year cause I got him an extension. Got the return done first of May. He let it sit here till first week of October.

OK, that was clearly off topic. Sorry.

Business is about the same as always here. (And, clients are about the same too.) LOL.
          If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

business up

I have had a lot of new clients this year already. I am amazed at the number. I am soooo snowed under. But will just keep plugging along. I am not letting it stress me out this year though. My family is not ready to put me in exile yet.

I think people are afraid they owe and so they are waiting. We have to keep telling them we can electronically file the return but they have till April 15th to pay.

In all I am pleased with how the year is going.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
              Had TWO to call yesterday and ask what's the LATEST they can bring in their stuff and still get it done by April 15? Really????? Is there some prize for "latest to bring in and still get it done"?!

Thing is, neither of these characters have anything difficult to get together. Honestly, I think some people thrive on doing everything under the wire. One of them just whined and moaned last year cause I got him an extension. Got the return done first of May. He let it sit here till first week of October.

OK, that was clearly off topic. Sorry.

Business is about the same as always here. (And, clients are about the same too.) LOL.
              I have an answer. If someone asks what's the latest they can bring in their stuff and still get it done by Apr 15, my answer is "Yesterday". That's the answer I'll be giving after next Monday (Mar 8).
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Pretty close to the same. A fair number of new clients and referrals.
                In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

the same

pretty much the same (knock on wood) - I was actually expecting a slight decline.(so by "government" speak it is actually UP, right?)

Comment

In or Out?

I probably have as many dropped off. But, I'm not as far along as last year due to a couple of non-work issues that robbed me of time this season. And, the ones I have keep growing more complex or spawn new entities or family members. I'd kept my prices frozen for the first couple of years in my home office, but this year prices are thawed. For those I'm completing in a timely manner, prices are up a bit. For those I'm slow on or end up putting on extension, I'll have to keep prices the same. I hope to make a bit more money this year. (And, then spend it to upgrade my computers!)

Comment

I'm running

about 45% of last year, so for me that would be in the area of "about the same as last year". I have some that call min-late March which ask me (year after year) can you file an extension for me?? I don't like extensions, but it goes with the territory.

Comment

Not only do I not LIKE extensions, I just don't DO extensions.

So then, "tax freedom" day for me is April 16th.
                        ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                          Not only do I not LIKE extensions, I just don't DO extensions.

So then, "tax freedom" day for me is April 16th.
                          Yes, I am with you I am not Doing any extensions this year. People taught me NOT to. A man I done an extension never showed up; went somewhere else. Another couple called during summer made an appt canceled appts 3 times ! another called and said no he is waiting til Oct 14!!!
                          People MAKE me change the rules. NO EXTENSIONS April 16th vacation!
                          SueBaby

Comment

Wow, I would have a nervous breakdown

I think I would have a nervous breakdown without extensions. I actually am glad to spread the work out. I had about 75 extensions last year. I have a year round bookkeeping / tax prep office, and I just can't get everything done by April 15.
                            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Without extensions I'd have to reduce the number of returns I prepare. I do them as much for me as for the client, because I hate working under deadline pressure.
                              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                              X