Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fed refund of $10k or more must be check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed refund of $10k or more must be check?

A couple years ago a client's direct deposit refund was converted into a paper check via the IRS and the IRS stated the reason is any refund $10K or over has to be a paper check. Does anyone know if that is still true today?

Never had that happen

and we do several of more than $10k each year.

Comment

Many years ago the figure was $100,000.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I did a client this year. Made about 70k no exemption. He filed joint with 5 children. Was to get 13k Fed and wanted RAL_Direct. IRS wouldn't allow but mailed check to him.

Comment

Originally posted by anu31402 View Post
          I did a client this year. Made about 70k no exemption. He filed joint with 5 children. Was to get 13k Fed and wanted RAL_Direct. IRS wouldn't allow but mailed check to him.
          Now that sounds like more of a bank/RAL issue to me.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Well then, I can only postulate

Kay, EA

Comment

Well then, I can only postulate

Kay, EA
              Then be careful and don't do it on the floor. (grin)
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                A couple years ago a client's direct deposit refund was converted into a paper check via the IRS and the IRS stated the reason is any refund $10K or over has to be a paper check. Does anyone know if that is still true today?
                Had one several years ago; same thing. IRS told me what they told you. The reasoning is that they want a supervisor to check for tax protestors. Just did one yesterday. We'll see.

Comment

Banks will not do a RAL for more than $9,999.
                  If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Working...
                  X