Sec 1256 Contracts & Straddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sec 1256 Contracts & Straddles

Client received Form 1065 K-1. Box 11 contains code C (1265 Contracts and Straddles) with an amount of $1254. My software does not flow this amount to a form. Can I enter the amount on Schedule D Line 7? Do I have to complete Form 6781 or will Sch D Line 7 be enough?

Originally posted by sali View Post
    Client received Form 1065 K-1. Box 11 contains code C (1265 Contracts and Straddles) with an amount of $1254. My software does not flow this amount to a form. Can I enter the amount on Schedule D Line 7? Do I have to complete Form 6781 or will Sch D Line 7 be enough?
    My software takes this type of entry to F6781 which makes the 60/40 split on long and short term gains, then it goes to Sched D, and gets fliped up to page 1 of Form1040 for appropriate tax calculation. Same way we did it in the "old days" when we did it manually......................Anyone remember doing tax returns manually?

Comment

You mean with staples in the corners of the pages and carbon paper between the sheets while using a calculator with the hand crank on the side, or are you talking about chisels & stone tables and an abacus for the math?
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        You mean with staples in the corners of the pages and carbon paper between the sheets while using a calculator with the hand crank on the side, or are you talking about chisels & stone tables and an abacus for the math?
        Staples and pages with carbon paper is about as far back as I go........Those were the days my friend!

Comment

Appreciate the Humor

Thanks for the info and the humor! Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X