Bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bees

I would like to thank you again. You are a wonderful teacher. I was also wondering if this is what you actually did at some point in your life.

Who was that masked man....

....and what does this silver bullet mean?

Here's the classic Lone Ranger theme for those that love it. Several episodes of the series (some with Clayton Moore's replacement, Johhn Hart) are available...

Comment

In his previous life

he played with the Beatles, and other bands.

Comment

Originally posted by JON View Post
        he played with the Beatles, and other bands.
        If Stuart Sutcliffe (the original bass player) was the fifth Beatle, then I would probably be considered the 10 to the 1,000th power Beatle...7 times removed.

I was the piano player for the Bees Knees, who once opened for Carl Perkins at the Union Bar in North Minneapolis. Carl liked our band, as we were a jump blues band trying to sound like early rock and roll before it was called rock and roll. Carl Perkins wrote Blue Swede Shoes, a song more popularized by Elvis Presley, an artist the Beatles admired and respected. So I guess in a round about way, you could say I am vaguely associated with the Beatles….(not really)…

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
          I was also wondering if this is what you actually did at some point in your life.
          I was a piano teacher in college, trying to support my addiction to being a very low paid musician, if that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            Carl Perkins wrote Blue Swede Shoes, a song more popularized by Elvis Presley, an artist the Beatles admired and respected. So I guess in a round about way, you could say I am vaguely associated with the Beatles….(not really)…
            Blue Swede Shoes gives a whole new meaning to the song.

LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

During winter you're sure to find lots of "Blue Swedes" in Minnesota, so Bees' title isn't so far off base.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

True - I had failed to take into consideration the location. If I wasn't half sick I would take 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

LT
                Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Blue Suede Shoes

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                  Blue Swede Shoes gives a whole new meaning to the song.
                  In Minnesota, we also have Blue Norwegian Shoes, which are actually more popular than the Swedes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bees Knees;96675]In Minnesota, we also have Blue Norwegian Shoes, which are actually more popular than the Swedes.[/QUOTE

Norwegian Wood Shoes??

Comment

Maybe Bees can answer the burning question:

Why did the Swedes & Norwegians brave the dangers of the Atlantic Ocean and then migrate halfway across this continent to settle in a place just as cold & dreary as the one they were trying to get away from?
                      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                      X