I also see dumb people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also see dumb people

Church friend: Can you help me do my taxes? I think the girl at the mechanic's shop messed it up last year. (Yes, really.)

Me: I would actually rather do the return free than help you do it. Next year you can decide it you want to hire me or do it yourself...

CF has $22,000 income, 3 children who live with her all year. I knew it would be good. But she was going to wait on this return. I am swamped and other people are paying good money...

So, she's calling and calling. Worried she will owe cause office manager said she didn't have enough withheld. "Office manager has 4 dependents on the W-9!" (No, YOU actually managed to complete the W-4 just right.)

So, I get it done and e-mail her with the "refund" amount. It's HUGE.

She replies: "U R awesome! Should I change my W-9?"

Yes, she will be PAYING ME to amend 2008.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Originally posted by RitaB View Post

But she was going to wait on this return. I am swamped and other people are paying good money...

She replies: "U R awesome! Should I change my W-9?"
    I think I can tell also that you are "swamped", which down South means "up to one's
    behind in alligators in the swamp."

You referred to a W9 form instead of a W4! (grimn
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

No, I just quoted her

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      I think I can tell also that you are "swamped", which down South means "up to one's
      behind in alligators in the swamp."

You referred to a W9 form instead of a W4! (grimn
      Hahaha! That's part of the humor. (OK, maybe not.) I was quoting my "client." Arr Arr.

U R also awesome, Harlan!
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X