Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - Intuit Sales

This was in a recent issue of The Progressive Accountant

The number of professional tax units sold by Intuit, which markets the Lacerte and ProSeries software packages, dropped for the second straight year, falling to 95,000 for the second quarter ended January 31, down from 97,000 a year earlier and 98,000 for the same quarter in 2007. Meanwhile revenue for those product lines dropped to $124 million for the most recently ended quarter, down $133 million a year earlier.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

I see

price increases coming again which will mean fewer sales. And the downward spiral continues.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
      price increases coming again which will mean fewer sales. And the downward spiral continues.
      Couldn't happen to a better company. They are nothing but traders to us tax professionals.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

They (Intuit) have been

promoting other products this tax season including scanners, tax research and Quickbooks.

I have to say their support has been pretty good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post

I have to say their support has been pretty good this year.
          Thanks for the warning. I'll keep a close eye out for airborne swine.

Comment

Turbo Tax

I'll bet the decrease in "professional" units has been more than offset by their sales of TurboTax.

I've never seen as much advertising. Even my bank, who says they won't allow advertising by ANYONE, is enclosing TT promos with the bank statements and splattering TT over their websites.

And just two days ago I saved a young couple $1900 who came to me refugees of TurboTax.

I'm wondering if their "professional" units is declining with the number of tax preparers who are giving up the ghost (like I'm often tempted to do). We've discussed before that tax preparation does not appear to be the profession of choice by people in their 20s and 30s, and the rewards are coming much slower than the increasing pain and agony resulting from congress and the IRS.

Comment

Working...
            X