Form 1040 line 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1040 line 60

I am doing a return for a client who is a sole proprietor and on form 1040 line 60 I have "UT 951" where $951 is added to other taxes total amount. I can't trace this number anywhere and have no idea where is this coming from.

I am sure some of you have seen this before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3-9

TTB 3-9

Uncollected Social Security and Medicare or RRTA tax on tips or group-term life insurance from box 12, Form W-2, A and B or M and N. Identify as UT.

Used to get this on an AT&T retiree who was provided with free telephone service but no means to collect the tax on that taxable fringe benefit. Reported with other taxes on return and paid that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      TTB 3-9

Uncollected Social Security and Medicare or RRTA tax on tips or group-term life insurance from box 12, Form W-2, A and B or M and N. Identify as UT.

Used to get this on an AT&T retiree who was provided with free telephone service but no means to collect the tax on that taxable fringe benefit. Reported with other taxes on return and paid that way.
      I have a number of clients with UT but none that I can remember was that high an amount.

Comment

Typo

Thanks a lot for a reply.

Well, I put in W-2 information too fast and instead of selecting code D for 401k in box 12 a selected code A. I am so glad I reveiw and double check everything before I submit the return

Comment

I don't know about other programs but if you put your cursor in the amount box and right click you may see a menu option that will telll you the form and line it came from when you click the option. ProSeries has it.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X