HP 1522 Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 1522 Printer

I think my HP4 is on its last leg. I need to bring it into the repair shop. Producing dirty copies. Had the printer for quite awhile and wondering whether its worth repairing seeing that new printers are so cheap. I started looking at Staples and found the 1522 ($399)which is a printer/fax/copier/scanner, printing at 24 PPM. Anybody have any experience on this model? I tend to stay with HP.

I have the laserjet p2015dn. Very good printer and haven't had a problem. I would consider buying another one.

I still have a laserjet 4 myself. Are you getting a error code? I started having trouble similar to that. It was spitting out blobs of toner on the print out. I had to buy a diffuser (?sp). Fortunately I had bought some rollers for the printer off a guy on Ebay in a attempt to fix it. He had the fuser for $50 bucks and emailed me the instructions for installation.

Did it myself but burnt the heck out of my finger when I did not pay attention to the "warning hot surface" in bright yellow and red.

Comment

HP4....is a name out of the long ago past....slow by today's printers. Yes it is time to move on to faster printing days. Many years ago I purchased an "All-in-one" printer and was I sorry. When one function went bad, everything came to a screeching halt. Now all I had was "All-in-none printer. Of course, back then it was a ink jet printer...Do they now come with laser printing functions?

All of my local printers are HP1300s. My main printer is an HP8000 (most printing is done with this duplex printer). All of these are relics as well. I keep them going because they serve me well. When I lose them I would be looking for another Duplex Printer for my main network printer and other local cheap laser printers.

Good Luck in your search but I would stay away from the All-in-one (none)..................
      Last edited by BOB W; 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
      X