Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

preparing income tax for multiple LLC filing as S corp rollup to a single parent Scor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preparing income tax for multiple LLC filing as S corp rollup to a single parent Scor

Each LLC and S corp have its own EIN#. Do I need to file a separate tax return for each LLC filing as S corp? who's identity would be on schedule K-1, should it be shareholder SSN# or S corp EIN?

For the parent S corp tax return, if I use EIN of S corp on sch K-1 of each LLC return, how do I report these K1 on the parent S corp return?

If my thinking is wrong, how do i handle these tax returns? should i ignore the parent company and just file income tax for each LLC naming the shareholder SSN# on the K1?

Any advise is appreciated.
    HannahLawry

I'll throw this out...look at Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiary (QSub) on page 19-3 in TTB.

Maybe some others will post as well.

Comment

Delaware Series

Hannah, google up "Delaware Series LLC" and see what comes out. Essentially how to handle multiple LLCs set up to limit the liability to a very small finite dollar amount, and spare the ownership from liability on the total ownership. You might get more legal discussion than tax discussion.

Comment

I found the answer. Prior combining all of llc into a single tax return under S corp parent, the client must file form 8869-qualified subchapter S election within that tax year and if the late election is filed (after two months and 15 days of the effective date), the corporation must request a private letter rulling and pay a user fee. Client must file form 8869 and receive acceptance letter from IRS before filing a combining tax return for all llc under S corp parent. Thank you for pointing out section 19-3.

Comment

One return

happens automatically if the original LLC, electing S Corp, is the "owner" of all other LLC's. The subsequent LLCs become not recognized for anything. If these LLCs have different, but common ownership I would think you have a problem??? Election???

Comment

Working...
          X