Soooo Upset! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo Upset! :(

A client has missed 4 appointments and when he calls he changes figures on me; so I told him to come and pick up his W2s and take somewhere else.

When he came told him his taxes are too shaky for me and missing appts is not my thing waiting on him and he blew up, called me names and almost got in a fist fight with my husband. Said nonone calles HIS taxes shaky.

WHAT has gotten into people these days? I am so upset about this till I can't do any more taxes today.

Has this thing ever happened to anyone?
    SueBaby

Just fire him

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
    A client has missed 4 appointments and when he calls he changes figures on me; so I told him to come and pick up his W2s and take somewhere else.

When he came told him his taxes are too shaky for me and missing appts is not my thing waiting on him and he blew up, called me names and almost got in a fist fight with my husband. Said nonone calles HIS taxes shaky.

WHAT has gotten into people these days? I am so upset about this till I can't do any more taxes today.

I wouldn't have told him that his information was questionable. I would have just said that you had a business to run, and missing 4 appointments was not allowed.

My dentist charges a fee for a missed appointment.

If he was a long-time client and you had been doing his returns with his "shaky" numbers, that might be a problem for you. That is why I wouldn't have mentioned that. If he is audited, he will point his finger to you.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Sooo Upset

Not quite that bad, but I''ve often wished my office had a back door just in case some ranting individual comes in the front.

Comment

Sort of happened Sue

These were people who were long time clients. My husband had died the previous June and they were just totally mean to me. I asked them to get the he** out of my house and never come back.

Come to think about it, I still may be a little Pi$$ed and this was almost 10 years ago :-)).

Don't let this stop you from making money. This person has moved on and you are still seething. He doesn't care. Making money is your best revenge.

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
          I wouldn't have told him that his information was questionable. I would have just said that you had a business to run, and missing 4 appointments was not allowed.

My dentist charges a fee for a missed appointment.

If he was a long-time client and you had been doing his returns with his "shaky" numbers, that might be a problem for you. That is why I wouldn't have mentioned that. If he is audited, he will point his finger to you.
          He begged to stay with me and said he would never miss another appt that is when I said something about his taxes. I only had him last year and did not want anything to do with him this year. Missing appt the way he did was a good way of getting rid of him for good.
          SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post

Yes, this has happened to me with a "shaky" client and "shaky" numbers. I told him quietly but firm to never come back but it took me hours to calm down again. On another occasion I cried once client was gone. After that I felt much better right away.

I think as a general crowd we will see this more often. People are so upset with so many things (rightly or not - who wants to judge this) and just a little thing can spark a fire. They don't really mean you or me but it is very hard to not take this personal.

Hope you feel somewhat better now.

Comment

Suggested Device

I tell my wife (who makes my appointments) if anyone cancels or postpones their appointment, there is a MINIMUM 3-wk waiting period before I can schedule them again. And if it runs past April 15th then so be it. If they still want to see me, then they can pay me to file an extension. We don't tell them there is a minimum 3-wk wait, but we DO tell them the appointment book has filled up and we don't have time to fill them in. And 99% of the time, this is the truth.

I can always squeeze in a late night if I know the client's circumstances well enough to know the cancellation was justified. Facts are that they usually want to go to a ballgame or take in an event with their kids, or something they just simply would rather do than finish their taxes. If they had made an appt at the same time with a LAWYER (speak the word only with God-like reverance), they would never DREAM of cancelling it.

As far as your fragile frame of mind after his intimidating outburst? Tell yourself that you are not going to let him "win" by wrecking your thought process. You are big enough that you can move ahead, and tell yourself he does not deserve enough credability to occupy much of your mindset when you have more important people to tend to.

Comment

Working...
              X