Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could have a 52 yr on SS-DI receive the $250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could have a 52 yr on SS-DI receive the $250?

Could have the TP's spouse, age 52 on social security DI received the "$250 economic recovery payment?" They do not konw.

Yes

My wife (on SS disability) received $250. She didn't remember receiving it (or spending it), but I remembered & put it right on Schedule M!
    Last edited by MRTAX4EA; 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      Could have the TP's spouse, age 52 on social security DI received the "$250 economic recovery payment?" They do not konw.
      Yes - I know of quite a few. If they were getting ss, they got it.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Ss

Yes. People on SS received the 250 payment. I No longer ask.

Comment

52 yr old on ss di

Depends on when they actually started to receive SS DI.
          If SS did not start till lhe latter part of the year they would not have received the $250.00.

Comment

Look it up

Why don't you look it up on the IRS website...Oh wait, they didn't do that with this credit. Idiots.
            I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Easiest way to figure it out

If they received SSI, SSB, or govt benefits for Nov and Dec of 2008 and Jan of 2009 they should have gotten the 250.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

M

Had one the other day that started on SS in March 2009. Filed without putting $250 on form and it was rejected. Taxpayer checked and finally remembered getting the $250. Doesn't look like we can count of the January cutoff.

Comment

Working...
                X