Work Or Read???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Or Read???????

I need to be working on my "stuff" why do I read and read this board??????? ANYONE?

It's addictive

I read it when I should be sleeping. That doesn't help work the next day.

Linda F

Comment

Problem is

>>why do I read and read this board??????? <<

Problem is, we're all stuck in the same puzzle. The ones who figured a way out, aren't going to read your question!

Comment

Reading here on the board IS working.

You know how much time I saved already because something that just puzzled my mind was posted as a question here and the responses helped me a lot. Vice versa I respond not even looking at the books if I just solved something.

Comment

I read because I

sometimes feel all alone in the tax world. This board makes me realize that there are other preparers going through the same stuff. Plus, this board is full of years of experience and wisdom you can't put in a book or get in a seminar. Can't pass that up.
          It is a break from the papers and numbers that can boggle my mind. And, I am addicted to it. It is the first thing I read in the a.m. and the last thing I close out in the p.m. (or wee hours of the a.m. depends on when I leave the office.)
          Noel
          "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriele
            Reading here on the board IS working.

You know how much time I saved already because something that just puzzled my mind was posted as a question here and the responses helped me a lot. Vice versa I respond not even looking at the books if I just solved something.
            yes it is working and I love it. It is so much faster than looking it up, although I love the Tax Book, it is great. Thank goodness for people like you and the Book to help me over problems I have, or I would be in the dark or calling IRS and wait on the phone half a day for an answer. Thanks to ALL out there!!!
            SueBaby

Comment

Most helpful

This board is so helpful to all of us smaller offices. Larger offices or firms have someone else to bounce ideas and problems around with, but when you are the only one in the office you can only talk to yourself.

I took partnership and corporation courses when I worked for Block and they were great, but it has been a few years ago. I go to seminars every year. The ones I can afford to attend. I usually always attend the IRS Forums. I really find them very interesting. Then I try to pick up some thing else in Florida.

But sometimes other preparers can tell you things that aren't in the book. For example, I have read the whole chapter on partnerships in the Tax Book. But Matt said something to me in an answer to my question that is not in the book and it really helped me decide how to handle the guaranteed payments.

Occasionally someone will make comments about our questions and say that we should turn the return over to someone who knows what they are doing, but how will we ever learn if we don't work it out for ourselves. Of course, with the help of experts on this board.

I know that I would never send a return in to the IRS that I didn't feel was done accurately. I would ask questions from others until I was sure the return was right.

So all of you are right, this board is part of our working. If each of us can share some helpful information with others that read this board, we will all be far ahead of the game.

Okay, I know this was long (tried competing with Bart and Snag). Really I was just trying out my new keyboard. Boy is it nice. It is a wireless contour board, just slightly curved. It is so easy to type on.

Thanks for all your help

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by Linda F
                This board is so helpful to all of us smaller offices. Larger offices or firms have someone else to bounce ideas and problems around with, but when you are the only one in the office you can only talk to yourself.

I took partnership and corporation courses when I worked for Block and they were great, but it has been a few years ago. I go to seminars every year. The ones I can afford to attend. I usually always attend the IRS Forums. I really find them very interesting. Then I try to pick up some thing else in Florida.

But sometimes other preparers can tell you things that aren't in the book. For example, I have read the whole chapter on partnerships in the Tax Book. But Matt said something to me in an answer to my question that is not in the book and it really helped me decide how to handle the guaranteed payments.

Occasionally someone will make comments about our questions and say that we should turn the return over to someone who knows what they are doing, but how will we ever learn if we don't work it out for ourselves. Of course, with the help of experts on this board.

I know that I would never send a return in to the IRS that I didn't feel was done accurately. I would ask questions from others until I was sure the return was right.

So all of you are right, this board is part of our working. If each of us can share some helpful information with others that read this board, we will all be far ahead of the game.

Okay, I know this was long (tried competing with Bart and Snag). Really I was just trying out my new keyboard. Boy is it nice. It is a wireless contour board, just slightly curved. It is so easy to type on.

Thanks for all your help

Linda F
                Where do you attend the IRS Forums? I would like to go. I go to Drake seminars but this sound like more infomative along with my software. Thanks.
                SueBaby

Comment

Go to irs.gov and search for forum

I will see you at the next drake seminar
                  Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by BRIAN
                    Go to irs.gov and search for forum

I will see you at the next drake seminar
                    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
                    SueBaby

Comment

IRS Forums

Yes, go to the IRS website and it will take you to the website for the forums.

This year they are in Anaheim, Ca; Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, Las Vegas, and New York.

I will go to Orlando since it is less than an hour from home.

They really are very informative and not too expensive.

Linda F

Comment

Yes, go to the IRS website and it will take you to the website for the forums.

This year they are in Anaheim, Ca; Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, Las Vegas, and New York.

I will go to Orlando since it is less than an hour from home.

They really are very informative and not too expensive.

Linda F
                        Will you go to DisneyWorld when you are there? My in-laws live in Lakeland. I will look it up and see when it is. Thanks for the info.
                        SueBaby

Comment

SueBaby

What a coincidence! I live in Lakeland. Here's my email address: lforner@earthlink.net

Let me know what part of town your in-laws live in. What a small world!

Linda F

Comment

What a coincidence! I live in Lakeland. Here's my email address: lforner@earthlink.net

Let me know what part of town your in-laws live in. What a small world!

Linda F
                            Sent e-mail to tell all. Hope you received it. Thanks again for it.
                            SueBaby

Comment

Working...
                            X