Far-out Deductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far-out Deductions

Former Customer who moved off a few years ago called last week; he's back and brought his junk to the office yesterday.

FC: Now this (holds up cancelled check); you said something about energy credits the other day didn't you?
    BB: (Holds up cancelled check) Yeah, but this is a $32.40 payment to Qwik-Kool Ice Company. What...???
    FC: Okay, we had a big snowstorm and the power went out. I couldn't find a generator to run the refrigerator, so I had to buy bags of ice. Since my refrigerator was was off and I didn't use a generator, then I saved energy using ice, right? Can I get that thirty bucks off my taxes?
    BB:

oh soooo typical!
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Wow

thanks for the laugh.
      I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
        Former Customer who moved off a few years ago called last week; he's back and brought his junk to the office yesterday.

FC: Now this (holds up cancelled check); you said something about energy credits the other day didn't you?
        BB: (Holds up cancelled check) Yeah, but this is a $32.40 payment to Qwik-Kool Ice Company. What...???
        FC: Okay, we had a big snowstorm and the power went out. I couldn't find a generator to run the refrigerator, so I had to buy bags of ice. Since my refrigerator was was off and I didn't use a generator, then I saved energy using ice, right? Can I get that thirty bucks off my taxes?
        BB:
        I don't understand the problem. Isn't that a special rule for the hills of Arkansas? I also thought having an outhouse built qualified since it saves the energy they would use at the sewage stations. :-)

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X