Death and Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death and Taxes

One of my favorite clients died the other day. His wife just called me. He passed away from a massive stroke at home. His name was Tom.

He was a Vietnam vet and suffered from PTSD. Tom wasn't able to work very much because of his nerves, but enjoyed making jewelry. He tried a hot dog stand last year, but couldn't keep up. He was obviously depressed most of the time, but could be coaxed into a slow and easy grin. Tom was a gentle soul. God bless and keep him.

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
    One of my favorite clients died the other day. His wife just called me. He passed away from a massive stroke at home. His name was Tom.

He was a Vietnam vet and suffered from PTSD. Tom wasn't able to work very much because of his nerves, but enjoyed making jewelry. He tried a hot dog stand last year, but couldn't keep up. He was obviously depressed most of the time, but could be coaxed into a slow and easy grin. Tom was a gentle soul. God bless and keep him.
    All Vietnam vets will relate to this: When Tom gets to those pearly gates, he'll hear
    this said: "Welcome home, bro!"
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I've had two clients pass away this week. Always find out later by reading it in the newspaper.

It has been several years ago but a client that I saw on a weekly basis passed away suddenly. I had just saw him two days before... I was then going to the funeral home at the end of the week. Good man. It was the first time I had client of mine pass away.

Comment

Me Too

I had two clients pass away since Saturday 2/6/10 - Very Sad! And I have been on the phone consoling and answering questions for the daughters. both clients were "seniors" over age 80, but it never makes it any easier when you have known them for over 25 years.

Sandy

Comment

Funeral

Last February I had three funerals in about a week, one out of state. This year, I'm going to a funeral in MA tomorrow. Plus, I had my brand new car broken into and my purse stolen Monday evening so have lost a week of work and sleep with telephone calls and insurance and such. But, one funeral plus a break-in is still an improvement over last year! My sympathies to all of you dealing with losses and helping your clients' families deal.

Comment

Working...
          X