Thanks for Capturing the Losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JohnH,
    I've given a lot more thought to the churner - oops I mean adviser's letter and finally figured it out. Since he captured the losses, it means that they were about to escape and probably be replaced by those nasty old profits. And since I knew that you just hate having to pay taxes on all those profits, through great effort on my part, I was able to prevent this from happening. Now, thanks to my watchful eye (and additional sales commissions) I was able to prevent you from paying any taxes on your trades. I have set you up to have write offs for several years in the future. And don't listen to any stupid ole tax man. Everyone knows that they are anal and are just bean counters that cannot see the overall picture.

Just for the record, I do understand the wisdom of timing sales and strategically taking losses. I just despise those people that possibly screwed up and are such con artists that they would never admit it but try to spin it to appear as if they did something good. Wait a minute - Did I just describe most of our elected officials?

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Good work. I'm tempted to send it to him, but then if this ingenious wording turns up in next year's letter to his clients I'd never forgive myself (or you). This does make me think of something, though. Do you think he's planning to remind his clients of his clever strategy annually for the next 10-15 years, or is this matter likely to fall off his list of "accomlishments" next January?

We could start a pool and I'll report back in 2011 (that is, assuming I'm still in this line of work next year...)
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
      X