ATX has updated 2009 Form 5405

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX has updated 2009 Form 5405

But not 2008. I have a client (yes, she IS a PITA) who, even though I told her the software ESTIMATES the updated form to be ready today, has already called checking. I amended 2008 for her, and IRS sent it back wanting the new 5405, which they admitted was not ready yet.

Think all &^** will break loose if I use the dang 2009 form on amended 2008 return?
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

The 5405 posted at the IRS website is for use on a 2009 or amended 2008 return. There is a check box to indicate you are choosing to claim the credit on the year prior to when you purchased the house. I'm not sure what the ATX form shows, but you could always just use the fill-in PDF from the IRS website.

Comment

Yes, I AM talking to myself

Looks like the new Form 5405 is not even dated. So, I will use the one in the 2009 program and call the client at 6:00 am tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
        The 5405 posted at the IRS website is for use on a 2009 or amended 2008 return. There is a check box to indicate you are choosing to claim the credit on the year prior to when you purchased the house. I'm not sure what the ATX form shows, but you could always just use the fill-in PDF from the IRS website.
        I completely missed the box.

I am so aggravated cause I sent her an e-mail letting her know the date of the update was estimated to be 2/08/10. She calls, "Are you not done with that YET?! You said the form would be ready 2/02/10..." So thankful I sent her an e-mail and didn't just tell her on the phone.

Yes, she will be getting fired this summer.

Comment

Working...
        X